- Main GoalLose Fat
- Workout TypeCardio
- Training LevelBeginner
- Program Duration4 weeks
- Days Per Week3
- Time Per Workout45-60 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight, Dumbbells
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Recommended Supps
- Workout PDF Download Workout
This is a favorite from My Garage Gym/Biggest Loser Live Training.
Do some simple stretches first such as shoulder rolls, ballistic swimmers stretch, squats and back extensions.
Top Down 1 – 10 Workout
This workout requires at least two people to be fun and also for the correct timing of the movements. The larger the group the more fun it is. A set of dumbbells is required. Get ready to feel the Burn!
Participants are face to face across from each other. The first person or group of people does one rep and then the other person or group does one rep. They follow this sequence and do 2 each, then 3 each, and so forth. Stop when you reach 10 reps per set.
- Single arm shoulder press. The arm not in use remains extended in the air holding a dumbbell while the other arm does the work. Each side of the room takes turns going from one to ten. Example: I do one you do one, I do two you do two etc…
- Triceps extensions behind the head. Keep arms up and back in position during the rest periods while the opposite person or group is taking their turn.
- Bicep curl. Keep forearms parallel to the floor and loaded during rest periods while opposite person or group is taking their turn.
- Bent Over Row
- Push ups. Use the variety that you can get the most range of movement, be it knees or toes.
- Crunch with the rest period being in the up, or crunching position.
- Wipers. In this exercise you start on your back with both feet about six inches above the floor. Begin by bringing feet up toward one side and back down and toward the other side in a V or U motion. Each V or U is counted as one rep. Try not to let your feet rest on the floor between turns.
- Right leg lunge. Stay in the down lunge position during rest periods while opposite group is taking their turn.
- Left leg lunge. Following protocol as outlined in #8.
- Sumo squats with starting position and rest position in the bottom range of the exercise.
- Right leg calf raise with starting position and rest position in the heel up motion.
- Left leg calf raise, performed as outlined in #11.
|Single Arm Shoulder Press||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Triceps Extensions Behind Head||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Bicep Curl||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Bent Over Row||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Push Ups||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Crunch||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Wipers||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Right Leg Lunge||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Left Leg Lunge||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Sumo Squats||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Right Leg Calf Raise||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
|Left Leg Calf Raise||10||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (See Instructions)|
Great routine. I am always looking for new dumbbell hiit workouts. New direction working top (shoulders) to legs. Will definitely give it a go. Thanks. Bruce in Utah
How long does this workout take, approximately? THanks
Only once a week or can this be done more than once a week ?
Is this definitely only once a week or can it be done more than that ?
I have only done hiit training a couple of times with my brother on chest and back. But I wanted to add this workout to my end of the week gym routine. Do you have to perform any cardio at the end with it?
This workout was great. It really does feel like a real fat burning workout. I used 15 pounds weights but the last two sets decreased it to 10 pounds.