Number of Servings: 2
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 4 slices favorite bread
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 2 slices reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 8oz thinly sliced 5280meat sirloin tip steak
- Steak seasoning of choice, optional
- Season meat and cook as desired
- Add peppers and onions to medium skillet and cook until tender (or grill outside with steak)
- Layer steak, veggies and cheese onto bread
- Top with additional bread slice
- Heat medium skillet or grill pan over medium heat*
- Add sandwich to pan and toast until golden
- Flip and toast until cheese is fully melted
*Can use butter on outside of toast if desired or just coat a pan with non-stick spray to keep fat and calories down.
Great recipe! My boyfriend sent me this page and said he wants this made for him on his birthday this weekend!
Thank you so much Carly! Now THAT is a huge compliment! I hope you both enjoy it.....and your boyfriend has a great birthday!
I have read lots on recipes an find that if some one wants PROTINE it like trying to make a formula to eat. I find that a whole grain bread a Tsp. of olive-mayo lettuce, fresh thin slice tomato, thin slice purple onion, white onion makes a lot of gas. Thin layer of pantry steak; pinch of salt an pepper and a nice tall glass of milk or low fat banana shake does a world of wonders for a harte lunch break after a hard work out.
That picture looks amazing! My mouth is watering!
Same here. Sarah is awesome at coming up with killer recipes!
Thanks so much John! I hope you give the recipe a try!