Number of Servings: 4
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 1½ lbs ground turkey breast, cooked*
- 32 oz nonfat cottage cheese**
- 2 large eggs
- 2 - 12oz jars pizza sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 package (5oz) reduced fat turkey pepperoni
- 4 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
- Pizza seasoning, to tase
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, and ¼ cup pizza seasoning in a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth
- Spread ¼ cup pizza sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 in baking dish
- Layer 3 noodles on top of the sauce.
- Evenly spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Spread a tiny bit of pizza sauce on top of the cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1/4 of shredded cheese on top. Layer in 1/3 of your cooked ground turkey and top with 1/3 of pepperoni.
- Repeat layers two more times: 3 noodles, 1/3 cottage cheese, 1/4 mozzarella, 1/3 ground turkey, 1/3 pepperoni. Finish off with a final 1/4 of mozzarella and additional pepperoni, if desired.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*You can sub ground turkey for ground beef, sausage or chicken.
**Nonfat cottage cheese can be replaced with ricotta to make a more traditional lasagna. Please not this will alter macronutrients listed below.
*This can be made vegetarian friendly by swapping the ground turkey for soy crumble and tofurkey slices.
Makes 4 servings
I am skeptical about the number of servings this recipe provides. The instructions say 4 servings, but that would make one serving awfully large!
After reviewing other recipes for lasagna on this site, I believe this recipe is intended to provide 12 servings.