- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Target Muscle Group
One Leg Hack Squat Instructions
- Begin the exercise by setting up the hack machine by loading the weight you want to use.
- Position yourself with your back flat on the pad and shoulders up against the shoulder pads.
- Position your feet at around shoulder width apart on the platform. Now lift your right foot from the platform and extend your leg out in front of you. Stand with a slight bend in your left knee.
- Push up to take the weight off the stack, place your arms on the side handles of the machine and disengage the safety bars. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Slowly lower the weight down until your left thigh is around parallel to your calf muscle. Keep your right leg extended to keep it clear of the platform when squatting.
- Pause, and then push the weight back up to the starting position without locking your knee at the top of the movement.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- Do not lock your knees out at the top of the reps.
- Lower the weight slowly.
- Make sure your knees do not track out over your toes as this will cause undue stress to the knees.
- Keep your head up throughout the exercise - don't look down.