- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSplit
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration6 weeks
- Days Per Week3
- Time Per Workout45 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Dumbbells
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Workout PDF Download Workout
Dumbbell and barbell home based workout. This is a workout you can do at home, just using a set of dumbbells and barbells. The workout is designed to build muscle and strength.
This is a 3 day home workout, so it's best for a Monday - Wednesday - Friday schedule. Each workout should take about 1 hour to complete. Abdominals have not been included, you should aim to work them twice a week with 2-3 exercises.
To get the most out of this workout we recommend you follow a bulking diet consisting of over 3500 calories per day and a lot of protein and complex carbohydrates.
Recommended: Need help building muscle? Take our Free Muscle Building Course
3 Day Dumbbell and Barbell Home Workout
Monday - Chest and Back
|Chest Dips or bench dip||4||MAX|
|Deep Push ups (with hands on dumbbells)||4||12|
|Bent Over Barbell Row||4||10|
|One Arm Dumbbell Row||4||10|
- If you have access to a chin up bar I strongly recommend you add chin ups or wide grip pull ups as your first back exercise. Chin ups are the #1 exercise for building back width.
Wednesday - Legs, Including Calves
|Dumbbell Lunges||3||6 on each leg|
|Standing Calf Raise (holding dumbbell)||5||12,12,10,8,8|
Friday - Shoulders and Arms
|Dumbbell Lateral Raise||4||12|
|Bent Over Reverse Fly||4||12|
|Barbell Bicep Curl||5||10|