Number of Servings: 2
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 4 small low carb tortillas OR 2 large low carb tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 oz lean ground beef**
- ½ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ small onion diced
- 1½ tbs taco seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray
- Scramble eggs (with salt & pepper, if using) over medium heat until desired doneness
- While eggs are cooking, dice up red pepper, green pepper and onion
- When eggs are done, remove from pan and cover
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning to skillet
- Cook beef until done
- Lay burrito or tortilla on a plate
- Layer scrambled eggs, peppers, onion, ground beef and then finish off with a sprinkle of cheese
- Wrap up and enjoy with a side of fresh fruit!
*This recipe makes a great Sunday meal prep! Simply wrap burritos in tin foil and place in freezer (once cooled). Remove from the freezer before heading out the door for the day!
**You can mix and match flavors with this recipe by:
- a) adding in salsa and avocado for a Mexican burrito
- b) using Italian herbs in place of taco seasoning and adding in marinara sauce and mozzarella
- c) using buffalo sauce in place of taco seasoning and adding in blue cheese for a buffalo wrap
The possibilities are endless!
Makes 2 servings
It's high protein but really, 68 grams? There's no way there are almost 70 grams per serving. You are looking around 40-45 at best. Still a lot, but when people have a protein goal in mind you can't be misleading them.
This looks delicious, but are we sure the NI is right? Calories seem very high for one serving.
These are the bomb-diggety!!!! Great taste and not too long of a cook time either! Thank you for a keeper recipe.