- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray
- Scramble eggs (with salt & pepper, if using) over medium heat until desired doneness
- While eggs are cooking, dice up red pepper, green pepper and onion
- When eggs are done, remove from pan and cover
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning to skillet
- Cook beef until done
- Lay burrito or tortilla on a plate
- Layer scrambled eggs, peppers, onion, ground beef and then finish off with a sprinkle of cheese
- Wrap up and enjoy with a side of fresh fruit!
*This recipe makes a great Sunday meal prep! Simply wrap burritos in tin foil and place in freezer (once cooled). Remove from the freezer before heading out the door for the day!
**You can mix and match flavors with this recipe by:
- a) adding in salsa and avocado for a Mexican burrito
- b) using Italian herbs in place of taco seasoning and adding in marinara sauce and mozzarella
- c) using buffalo sauce in place of taco seasoning and adding in blue cheese for a buffalo wrap
The possibilities are endless!
Makes 2 servings