Chest, Glutes, Shoulders
Yoga Plex Overview
The yoga plex drill is a form of stretching used to increase mobility in the hips, chest, upper back, and shoulders.
Yoga Plex Instructions
- Stand in an upright position with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Step forward into a deep lunge pattern with the back leg extended and place both palms flat on a box in front of you.
- With your hands flat on the box, exhale, rotate your torso, and reach toward the ceiling with the arm closest to your instep.
- Follow your hand with your eyes as you rotate.
- Rotate back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions on each side.
Yoga Plex Tips
- This exercise will be similar to the world's greatest stretch but the hands are elevated which allows this be used a progression into the more intricate version (world’s greatest stretch).
- As you rotate and reach towards the ceiling, make sure your head and eyes follow your hand.
- The front shin needs to be vertical so ensure that you step forward far enough.
- Don’t use momentum during the rotation, control the movement actively using your musculature.