- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredExercise Ball
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball Dumbbell Press Instructions
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and sit down on the center of an exercise ball and tighten your core.
- Raise the dumbbells above your head and twist so that your palms are facing forward. Your back should be straight and your feet firmly planted on the floor for stability. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your eyes facing forwards, slowly lower the dumbbells to the sides of your shoulders.
- Once they are around shoulder height, contract the shoulder muscles and raise the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Do not pause at the top of the movement, and immediately begin lowering the dumbbells back down for the next rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.