Smith Machine One Leg Toe Raise Instructions
- The one leg smith machine toe raise works the Tabailis muscle which is located at the front of your lower leg (opposite the calf). Set up by placing the smith machine bar to shoulder height and adding the weight you want to use.
- Grab a step or calf raise block and place it under the bar.
- Place your left foot on the block so that your heel is on the front edge and the rest of your foot is hanging off the end.
- Grasp the bar with a wide grip and position it across the back of your shoulders (not on your neck).
- Take the weight off the stack and allow your toes to drop down as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise your toes up as far as possible, pause, and then slowly lower them back down.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the process on your right leg.
- The Tabailis is a very small muscle and does not need a lot of weight to get a good workout.
- Keep the weight low and the rep timing slow for the best results.