- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Rope Crossover Seated Row Instructions
- Attach the rope extension to the low pulley cable. Adjust the weight.
- Sit down in front of the cable machine facing the cable with your legs shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the left side of the rope with your right hand and the right side with your left hand. Use an underhand grip (with your palms facing down).
- Lean back slightly to take the weight off the stack. Your back should be straight and your shoulders back (not hunched forward). This is the starting position.
- Pull the weight towards you. As you pull, uncross your hands to form a neutral grip and pull the rope to your sides while keeping your elbows tucked in.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together, pause, and then lower the weight back to the starting position.
Rope Crossover Seated Row Tips
- Keep your body motionless throughout the set - only your arms should move.
- Let your arms stretch all the way out without letting your shoulders come forward.
- Hold for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement to increase its effectiveness.