Rocking Standing Calf Raise Instructions
- Grasp a barbell at a wider than shoulder width and place it across across the muscles on the top of your back. Don't rest it on the back of the neck!
- Stand up with your body straight, abs tightened and eyes facing forward.
- Slowly raise your heels off the floor as far as possible.
- Pause, and then lower your heels back to the floor.
- Once your heels hit the floor pull your toes up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then repeat the whole movement for as many reps are you can.
- The rocking calf raise is a great way to work the Tabailis as well as your calves.
- Keeping your balance is easier if you look straight ahead rather than down at the floor.
- Keep the exercise slow and controlled.
- Pausing with your toes and heels off the floor will make the exercise more challenging.