One Leg Floor Calf Raise Instructions
- The one leg floor calf raise is the simplest calf exercise you can do, and no equipment is required. Stand with your feet around shoulder width apart close to something you can hold onto for balance (if needed).
- Hook your right ankle around the back of your left ankle.
- Lift your heel slightly off the floor. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise your heel up as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calf muscle, and then lower back down to the starting position. Don't let your heel rest on the floor!
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat on the right leg.
Calf Raise Tips:
- As a general rule, always work the weakest side of the body first. For most people this will be the left.
- Pause and squeeze for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Don't "rest" at the bottom of the movement by pausing.