- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Leg Cable Calf Raise Instructions
The one-leg cable calf raise can be done using a dip belt or by holding a rope or straight bar.
- Set up for the exercise by getting a step or block and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach an extension and dip belt to the low pulley and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Step into the dip belt and position it around your waist comfortably.
- Step onto the block with your left foot. The ball of your foot should be on the edge.
- Then let your heel drop as far as possible without hitting the floor. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise your heel as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calf, and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat on the right leg.
One-Leg Cable Calf Raise Tips
- Always work your weakest leg first. In most cases, this will be your left leg.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the heel to drop as far as possible and then raising it as high as you can.
- Do not let your foot come forward on the block as this makes the exercise easier!