One Leg 45 Degree Calf Raise Instructions
- Load the desired weight on a 45 degree leg press and sit down on the seat.
- Place the ball of your left foot on the bottom edge of the foot plate in the center.
- Push the weight up and disengage the weight platform from the safety using the handles by your sides.
- Slowly allow your toes to come back as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your leg straight, slowly push your toes up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the calf muscle, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for your right leg.
- As a general rule, always work the weakest side of the body first. For many people, this will mean working the left calf first.
- Make sure the balls of your feet are right on the edge of the foot plate. If you position them further in, the exercise becomes easier.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing your toes to come back as far as possible and then raising them as far as possible.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight - don't bounce!