One Arm Seated Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Instructions
- Grasp a dumbbell using a reverse grip (palms facing down) and sit down on the end of a flat bench.
- Rest the back of your forearm on top of your inner thigh so that the wrist holding the dumbbell is just off the end of it.
- Bending only at the wrist, let the dumbbell drop as far as possible. You can rest your non-working arm in your lap for stability. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell up as far as possible squeezing the forearm muscles at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- A light weight should be used with proper technique. It doesn't take heavy weight to make this exercise effective.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and pause/squeeze the forearms for a count of two at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to drop as far as possible at the bottom of the movement.