Hip Adduction Machine Overview
The hip adduction machine exercise is an exercise used to strengthen the muscles of the adductors.
From an aesthetic standpoint, using the hip adduction machine can help in building shapely inner thighs.
Hip Adduction Machine Instructions
- Setup in an upright position with your back against the pad and your spine neutral.
- Exhale and pull the legs together as you squeeze the pads inward.
- Once the pads touch, slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Hip Adduction Machine Tips
Experiment with foot and pelvis position. Depending upon the shape of your hip, you may need a slightly more internal or external starting position to fully maximize the contraction.
- Similarly, be mindful of your pelvic position - don’t allow the back to arch as this will tip the hips forward and place the adductors under excessive stretch before the contraction which can affect force output.
- If you can’t seem to figure out how to change the position of your pelvis while seated, experiment with changing the position of the torso (i.e. lean forward or push your back into the pad).