- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Inverted Row Instructions
The high inverted row is a variation of the inverted row.
- Set up for the high inverted row by lowering the bar on the smith machine and positioning yourself under the bar.
- Grasp the bar with arms slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Put your feet out in front of you so that your upper chest is directly under the bar.
- Keep your body straight and pull yourself up as far as possible. The bar should come to around upper chest/neck height.
- Pause, and then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
Inverted Row Tips
- Keep your body straight throughout the exercise.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Lower yourself slowly - don't allow your body to drop.