- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Leg Hack Squat Calf Raise Instructions
- Load the weight you want to use on a hack squat machine.
- Stand on the footplate facing the machine with your chest on the back pad and shoulders under the shoulder pads.
- If you have a block available, put it on the footplate and use it to stand on for extra range of motion.
- Take your right leg and hook it around the back of your left leg at the ankles.
- Push up and take the weight off the rack by releasing the safety.
- Keeping your working leg straight, slowly raise your heel off the plate as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower back to the starting position without letting your heel fully rest on the footplate.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the right leg.
One-Leg Hack Squat Calf Raise Tips
- Squeeze the calf muscle and hold for a count of two at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Don't let your heels fully rest on the footplate at the bottom of the movement.
- Keep your back straight, and chest against the padding throughout the set.