Field Goal Angel Foam Rolling Overview
The field goal angel foam rolling drill is a great warm up exercise to perform prior to your upper body workouts.
The field goal angel foam rolling drill will help relieve tension in the back muscles while also opening up the chest and shoulders.
Field Goal Angel Foam Rolling Instructions
- In a supine position, place a foam roller directly underneath the length of your spine.
- Position your arms parallel to your torso at right angles and focus on stretching the pecs.
- While keeping your hands in line with your torso, exhale while extending your arms and reach overhead.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Field Goal Angel Foam Rolling Tips
- Don’t allow the lower back to arch excessively as you reach overhead.
- If you can’t keep your hands in line with your torso, consider implementing some soft tissue work on your pecs with a lacrosse ball and then utilizing a thoracic spine rotational drill.