Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Dumbbell Jumping Squat Instructions
- Set up for the dumbbell jumping squat by selecting a pair of dumbbells and standing up straight with them at your sides.
- Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing inward) and position your feet to around shoulder width apart.
- With a slight bend in you knees, straighten your back and push your chest out. This is the starting position.
- Squat down at least until your thighs are parallel to the floor or as far as comfortably possible.
- The moment you reach the depth of your squat, explode upward driving the balls of your feet into the floor.
- Jump as high as possible and land as softly as possible using your toes to brace for the impact.
- Upon landing immediately begin your next squat, repeating for the desired amount of reps.
- Keep your landings as soft as possible. This can be done by landing with your toes first touching the floor.
- Use caution when performing this exercise if you have had any previous back or knee problems. This is a high impact exercise. Begin by using little to no weight.