Dumbbell Hammer Preacher Curl Overview
The preacher dumbbell hammer curl is a variation of the hammer curl and an exercise used to build bigger biceps.
Utilizing the preacher set up while performing preacher dumbbell hammer curls promotes a fixed range of motion for the hammer curl, allowing for a more focused contraction on the biceps.
When trying to build your biceps, using a wide range of exercises which focus on different ranges of motion is the best approach.
Dumbbell Hammer Preacher Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack, and sit in an upright position with your chest flat against the preacher bench.
- Keep your upper arm pressed into the pad and use a neutral (palms facing up) grip.
- Take a deep breath and slowly lower the dumbbell away from your shoulder.
- Once the bicep is fully lengthened, curl the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on both sides.
Dumbbell Hammer Preacher Curl Tips
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.