- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Cable Calf Raise Instructions
The cable calf raise can be done using a dip belt or by holding a rope or straight bar.
- Set up for the exercise by getting a step or block and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach an extension and dip belt to the low pulley and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Step into the dip belt and position it around your waist comfortably.
- Step onto the block with the balls of your feet on the edge and let your heels drop as far as possible without hitting the floor. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise your heels as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calves. Then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Calf Raise Tips
- Use a full range of motion by pressing up as far as possible and letting your heels drop all the way down.
- Pause and squeeze the calves at the top of the movement for a count of 1-3 to add extra intensity.