Bench T-Spine Mobilization Overview
The bench t-spine mobilization drill is a form of dynamic stretching used to promote mobility in the upper back.
Bench T-Spine Mobilization Instructions
- From a kneeling position with your toes dug into the ground, hold onto a long cylindrical pole and place your elbows on a flat bench.
- Exhale, push your hips back, and sink your head between your arms.
- Lower your hands towards your upper back to increase the stretch on your triceps.
- Raise back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Bench T-Spine Mobilization Tips
- Once you become familiar with this variation, experiment with only keeping one elbow on the bench and dropping the free hand to the floor to allow yourself to laterally flex and get a slightly larger stretch out of the lat.
- Ensure the abs maintain tension so that you don’t move through the lumbar spine.
- You should feel a good stretch through the lats and perhaps the tricep as well.