Barbell Climbs Overview
Barbell Climbs Instructions
- Assume a wider than shoulder width stance with your hands on a barbell overhead.
- Walk your hands down the barbell until your arms are overhead and your body is parallel to the floor.
- Walk your hands back up the barbell to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Climbs Tips
- This is one of the most advanced anti-extension core movement, make sure you’ve worked the requisite progressions before moving to this variation.
- Ensure the rib cage stays down and the lower back doesn't arch as you reach overhead.
- If you find you can’t maintain a neutral spinal position during the exercise then choose other variations such as wall press heel tap and hip extension which provide more stability and shorten the lever arm.
- Do not hold your breath, you shouldn’t be using respiration to compensate for a lack of stability. Learn how to move while maintaining position without having to rely upon your breath. Exhale as you reach overhead.