- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Abdominal Barbell Rollouts Instructions
- Kneel on the floor/mat and grasp the barbell with a wider than shoulder width grip. You should have 5-10 lb plates loaded on each side of the barbell.
- Keeping your back and arms straight, slowly roll the barbell out in front of you until your arms are fully extended.
- Tense the abs and slowly roll the barbell back towards your knees.
Ab Rollout Tips:
- Keep your arms and back straight at all times.
- Do the exercise slowly, and concentrate on using your abdominal muscles to pull the barbell back towards you.
- For extra intensity barbell rollouts can be done standing.