Abs, Adductors, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Shoulders, Traps, Upper Back
1 KB Kettlebell Snatch Overview
The 1 KB kettlebell snatch is a variation of the snatch and a total body exercise.
The snatch is an extremely explosive movement typically performed in Olympic weightlifting and athletic training circles to improve sports performance.
Olympic lifts, such as 1 KB kettlebell snatch, are very technically demanding and require a lot of practice prior to performing with any sort of significant weight.
1 KB Kettlebell Snatch Instructions
- Position the kettlebell directly in between your feet.
- Setup with your feet in a shoulder width stance and your hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Grasp the handle of the bell and swing it back between the legs while keeping a neutral spine.
- Extend the hips, swing the bell forward, pull upward, and allow the bell to flip over your wrist as you finish in an overhead position.
- Flip the bell back over your wrist, rotate the bell around your wrist, swing it between your legs, and complete another repetition if desired.
1 KB Kettlebell Snatch Tips
- Olympic lifting is about efficiency, not just brute strength.
- To learn how to use kettlebells effectively, one must first master the hip hinge and then move into kettlebell swings.
- Use the hips to generate the momentum, it’s about the force generated using your lower body to move the kettlebell efficiently.
- Toe angle is highly individual - experiment to see what feels best for you.
- Drive through the whole foot - you want 3 points of contact: big toe, little toe, and heel.