Don't feel like working out today? Feel free to borrow these 51 excuses.
1. My dog ate my workout journal and I can't remember what I did last time.
2. Your cell phone battery is dead, you can't find the charger and it's far too dangerous to journey to the gym. Something might go wrong and you will have no way to alert the world that you need help.
3. Your favorite football team is playing the late game on Sunday and The Walking Dead is on tonight. You are running behind and simply have no time to squeeze in a workout in between all this TV.
4. There is only a half scoop of protein left in the jug and you feel like you are going catabolic! Why even bother lifting if you are 15 grams shy of your protein intake target for the day.
5. It's Monday. All the bros are going to be curling in the squat rack and hogging up all the bench press stations. You can't possibly get in a good workout with all these distractions.
6. All your good workout clothes are dirty and you refuse to head to the gym looking like a dork.
7. There is a heated Facebook debate taking place over post-workout nutrition and you don't want to miss the name calling and scathing attacks.
8. Your training partner is sick and you refuse to train alone.
9. You spent the weekend binge eating, blew your diet, and don't feel like facing yourself in the mirror today.
10. Crunches aren't helping you carve out that six pack so there is no point in trying any more.
11. You just broke up with your girlfriend and she trains at the same gym. Running into her would just be too traumatic.
12. It's raining outside, and your new Jay Cutler haircut might get ruined on the way to the car.
13. You missed a workout and now your schedule is off. You decide to take the entire week off from training so you can get your schedule back on track.
14. Someone just told you that muscle confusion is a must and that it's time for you to change workouts. You have no idea what to do, so you decide to take the day off and stay home.
15. You ordered a new pre-workout supplement that is going to kick ass, but it hasn't arrived yet. There is no way in hell you are going to lift until it arrive. Gains! All kinds of gains!
16. Your motivation is low, and you talk yourself into believing you will have a horrible workout.
17. It's Saturday morning and you have a hangover.
18. It's Sunday morning and you have another hangover.
19. Dr. Oz is coming on in an hour and will be talking about the latest fat busting miracle food.
20. No one thinks you are serious, so you decide to sit home and eat ice cream instead.
21. You just reached your latest goal and now have no idea what to train for.
22. You feel "too old" today.
23. The weatherman said you might get an inch of snow today, so you decide to play it safe.
24. You started dating "this hot chick" and set aside all your personal goals for a while so that you can creep her 24/7.
25. Working out is too hard, so you decide to switch to low fat and low sugar foods and just hope you feel better.
26. Your ___(insert any muscle name here)___ is stiff so why even bother?
27. That P90X infomercial was enticing, so you decide to order the DVDs and sit home until they arrive via FedEx.
28. You decide that you don't want to get all bulky and muscle bound.
29. Someone just told you that your goals are silly, and being insecure, you decide to avoid the gym for a while.
30. You are worried that you might be addicted to endorphins.
31. Being a woman, you decide you don't want to get as big as those IFBB pro bodybuilders.
32. Yesterday's workout was hard, and you don't want to overtrain.
33. It's Tuesday and your new favorite movie comes out on DVD. Instead of lifting and watching in 5 times, you plan on staying home and watching it 6 times!
34. You can only train during the early morning, and it's so quiet and dull that you just aren't in the mood for it today.
35. You decide that the health and fitness lifestyle is too stressful, and that stress is a killer.
36. Your iPod isn't working right, and you can't possibly lift without your playlist.
37. Being busy, you decide that if you can't workout for 2 hours a day, it isn't worth it to you.
38. You look in the mirror and decide you're too old to make any decent changes.
39. Some guy at the gym keeps trying to give you form advice, so you stop training until you can find another gym.
40. "I'm too fat."
41. My workout just isn't exciting. I think I will skip it today.
42. My co-workers think that the bodybuilding lifestyle is dumb, so I am dropping it to make them happy.
43. It's too hot outside, too cold outside, too gloomy outside, too windy outside, too ___ whatever ___ outside.
44. Zumba looks cool. I think I might do that instead.
45. Someone told me that all of my favorite exercises are bad for my joints.
46. The equipment at my gym sucks. What's the point?
47. I want to exercise, but have no money for a gym membership.
48. The old guys in the locker room never put on any clothes and it creeps you out.
49. I don't have the right shoes for (squatting/deadlifting/Olympic lifting/running).
50. The gym parking lot is always packed and you don't feel like walking 150 feet to the gym doors.
51. I'm running late and it just doesn't feel the same. I'll try again tomorrow.