Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 1 cup Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese (or additional ½ cup Almond Milk for Dairy-Free version)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 ¼ cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, in liquid form
- Coconut Oil for cooking
Savory Filling Option (enough for 2 crepes):
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup red or yellow bell pepper, lightly sautéed in coconut oil for 5 minutes
- 1 cup Spinach, lightly sautéed in coconut oil for 2 minutes
- In blender, add Almond Milk, Cottage Cheese (or additional Almond Milk), Sea Salt, Eggs and Egg white. Blend on high for 45 seconds. Add Buckwheat flour and blend another 10 seconds. Refrigerate mixture in blender container for 45 minutes before using.
- After 45 minutes, remove container, add Coconut Oil (in liquid form) and blend right away before it can solidify in the cold batter.
- Heat your nonstick skillet over medium heat, just barely enough to make the batter slightly sizzle. Do not let pan get to hot or batter will not spread. Watch how first crepe spreads. You may need to decrease or increase heat.
- Add ¼ cup batter to the pan and swirl pan to distribute it evenly in a thin layer across the bottom. Cook just until the bottom is browned and can easily be flipped. Cook other side for about 20-30 seconds. Save extra crepes by using wax paper to separate each. Wrap and freeze for later.
Tip: Fill crepes with scrambled egg and veggie/green mixture for savory. Or fill with fruit spread of choice and cottage cheese for sweet mixture. These are forgiving and can be filled with a variety of different options. Makes 10 – 12 (10 inch) crepes.
Makes 10-12 ten inch crepes. Serving suggestion: 2 crepes.
Nutritional information if without the savory filling. With the savory filling the nutrition information is:
- Calories: 496
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 37g