- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Leg Raise With Hip Thrust Instructions
- The lying bench leg raise with hip thrust is a great exercise for hitting your abdominal muscles. Set up for the exercise by getting a flat bench and positioning it to give enough room for your legs to extend out one end.
- Sit on the bench with your buttocks close to one end, then lay back.
- Grasp the bench at head height for stability.
- Extend your legs straight out level with your body, keeping your knees and feet together. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Bending at the hips only, slowly raise your legs up until they are pointing straight up.
- At this point lift your pelvis off the bench as high as possible.
- Lower your pelvis back down, and slowly lower your feet back to the starting position.
- Complete the entire exercise slowly.
- Add intensity by pausing at the top of the hip thrust, or hold a dumbbell with your feet.