Wide Reverse Grip Bench Press Instructions
- Set up for the wide grip reverse bench press by setting the weight of the bar rack (if it's adjustable) and adding the weight plates you want to use.
- Lay down on your back with your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing your head) with your hands as wide as comfortably possible on the bar.
- Take the bar off the rack. Slowly lower the bar straight down to the middle of your chest. Don't let the bar touch your chest!
- Pause, then slowly raise the bar back up. Do not lock your elbows out or rest at the top and go straight back into your next rep.
- Repeat this process for your desire reps.
- Use the widest comfortable grip for you. Don't go too wide as it puts unnecessary strain on the wrists.
- Don't let the bar touch your chest throughout the exercise, and don't lock your elbows out at the top of the movement.
- Never "bounce" the weight off your chest.