- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Wide Grip Standing Barbell Curl Instructions
- The wide grip barbell curl is a good exercise for training the inner part of the biceps. Grasp a barbell with your hands at a wider than shoulder width, using an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Your feet should be firmly on the floor, about should width apart. If you prefer, you can place one foot back. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your body fixed (do not swing!), slowly curl the weight up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Barbell Curl Tips:
- Do not swing the weight up by arching your back. This is cheating! Your body must remain fixed throughout the movement.
- Keep your elbows in at the side and do not allow them to come forward when curling the weight up. Focus on keeping all movement in your forearms.
in barbel curl exercise,close gripexercise ,wide grip exercise can i bend my knees slightly???????
plz give us detail nd problem with half muscle
gud games, but u have too explain more
Bro plz help..wot u vl recommend for a intermediate ???? N can u clarify wt z innerpart of d biceps
make sure to squeeze your biceps for one second during the lift. This is a really good workout!