- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Wide Grip Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for this type of cable curl by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the rope extension with a neutral grip (thumbs facing the body), and hands wider than shoulder width apart.
- With your elbows tucked in by your sides, slowly curl the rope up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Wide Grip Cable Curl Tips
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides and don't allow them to come forward as you curl the weight up.
- Don't lean back or swing as you curl the weight up.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight, especially when lowering.