Weighted Chair Knee Raise Instructions
- Weighted chair knee raises focus on the lower ab muscles. Grab a dumbbell and sit it upright at the bottom of the chair.
- Put one foot either side of the dumbbell to grasp it by pushing feet together.
- Once you have the dumbbell secured, position yourself on the chair for the start of the movement.
- Slowly raise your knees up as far as they will go.
- Pause, then slowly lower your knees back to the starting position.
- Don't let the dumbbell touch the floor at any point throughout the set!
- This exercise is best performed slowly with very strict technique.
- Don't swing at all! Use your abs to move the weight - not momentum.
- You might find it easier to position yourself in the chair then grab the dumbbell with your feet.
- Start with a very light weight. As your abs get stronger increase the amount of weight used.