- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredOther
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Weight Plate Front Raise Instructions
- Choose a weight plate and stand with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Hold the weight plate with your palms facing one another at around the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. Let the weight plate rest on your thighs. Straighten your back, tense your mid section and pull your shoulders back, taking the weight off your thighs and holding it about 5 inches from your body. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, slowly raise the plate up until your arms are just above parallel to the floor.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the plate back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- This is an isolation exercise so it's important that you focus on strict technique to isolate the front deltoids.
- Don't let the plate touch your body during the set.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and lower the weight slowly.
- And finally, keep your mid section tight and your back straight. Don't swing to assist moving the weight up.