- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Twisting Standing Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Grasp a pair of dumbbells and stand straight up holding the dumbbells by your side.
- Your arms should be slightly bent and your palms facing in towards your body (thumbs forward).
- Before starting the movement, curl the weight up slowly to put the tension on your biceps.
- Starting with your weakest arm (usually your left), curl the dumbbell up.
- As you curl up rotate the dumbbell from a neutral position (palms facing in) to an underhand position (palms facing up).
- Squeeze your bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back down without letting it touch your body.
- Repeat on the other arm.
- That's 1 rep. Now repeat for desired reps!
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Do not lean or swing back as you raise the weight - that's cheating! Only allow the forearms to move.
- Keep the tension on the biceps for the whole set. Don't let the weight hang at the bottom of the movement or rest on the body.
That's cheat or no if down until legs?
because my friend was told to me to down the dumbell until legs.
that true or no?