- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Alternating Standing Dumbbell Twisting Curls Instructions
- Grasp a pair of dumbbells and stand straight up holding the dumbbells by your side.
- Your arms should be slightly bent and your palms facing in towards your body (thumbs forward).
- Before starting the movement, curl the weight up slowly to put the tension on your biceps.
- With one arm, curl the dumbbell up.
- As you curl up, rotate the dumbbell from a neutral position (palms facing in) to an underhand position (palms facing up).
- Squeeze your bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back down without letting it touch your body.
- Repeat on the other arm.
- That's 1 rep. Now repeat for desired reps.
Alternating Standing Dumbbell Twisting Curls Tips
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Do not lean or swing back as you raise the weight.
- Keep the tension on the biceps for the whole set. Don't let the weight hang at the bottom of the movement or rest on the body.