- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Twisting Floor Crunch Instructions
- The twisting floor crunch works the abs and obliques. Position a mat on the floor and lie down on the mat flat on your back.
- Pull your left leg up until your knee joint is at around 90 degrees.
- Now take your right leg and rest your ankle on your left knee.
- Start the exercise by touching the side of your head with your fingertips and raising your shoulder blades slightly off the mat.
- Crunch up, bringing your left elbow up to your right knee.
- Slowly lower back to starting position without letting your shoulder blades touch the floor.
- Repeat set for the opposite side of the body.
- Never let your shoulder blades touch the floor throughout the set.
- Try to bring your elbow up as high as possible using your abs only (no swinging!).