Stir the Pot on Exercise Ball Overview
The stir the pot on an exercise ball is variation of the exercise ball plank and an exercise used to target the muscles of the core.
The stir the pot on an exercise ball exercise works the core muscles by challenging the stability of one’s core.
Stir the Pot on Exercise Ball Instructions
- Assume a kneeling position with your forearms resting on a physioball.
- Extend each leg and utilize a shoulder width (or slightly wider) stance.
- Slowly rotate the arms in a clockwise fashion for the assigned number of repetitions.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions in the opposite direction (counter clockwise).
Stir the Pot on Exercise Ball Tips
- The movement should occur entirely at the shoulders, ensure the forearms and upper arms maintain (nearly) 90 degrees.
- Do not allow the lower back to arch as the forearms rotate - keep tension through your abdominals and squeeze your glutes.
- Rotate slowly and focus on not allowing the hips to drop to either side.
- Press your elbows into the ball to help engage your serratus anterior as your rotate the forearms.
- Do not hold your breath, you shouldn’t be using respiration to compensate for a lack of stability. Learn how to move while maintaining position without having to rely upon your breath.