- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Standing Stomach Vacuum Overview
The standing stomach vacuum is a bodyweight core exercise that can be done from anywhere.
It is a standing variation of the plank that is used to isolate the abdominal muscles for a focused contraction.
Standing Stomach Vacuum Instructions
- In a standing position, place your hands overhead or on your sides and exhale all of the air from your lungs.
- Once you’ve completely exhaled, think about trying to draw your belly button to your spine.
- Hold for the desired amount of time and then repeat for assigned number of repetitions.
Standing Stomach Vacuum Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.