Standing Low Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley on a cable pulley machine and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Facing away from the pulley, grab the bar behind your neck with a overhand grip at shoulder width and stand up straight with a slight bend in your knees. This will lift the weight slightly from the stack.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart. Your forearms arms should be parallel to the floor at this point and your elbows should be pointed at the ceiling.
- You should be grasping the bar behind your head with your palms facing upward. You are now in the starting position.
- Moving only at your elbow joints slowly push the bar straight up until your arms are fully extended.
- Keep your upper arms stationary, pause and then slowly bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and look straight ahead throughout the movement.