- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeActivation
- Equipment RequiredBands
- Force TypePull (Unilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Standing Hip Flexion w/ Bands Overview
The standing hip flexion with band resistance is an exercise that targets the muscles of the hip flexors.
One would normally perform the standing hip flexion with band resistance as an activation drill or a warm up exercise prior to starting their normal workout routine.
The band used during standing hip flexion with band resistance provides accommodating resistance. This means the exercise becomes more difficult the closer one gets to a full contraction.
Standing Hip Flexion w/ Bands Instructions
- Setup in a standing position with a band looped around one foot and your arms by your sides.
- Exhale and drive the knee up while keeping the spine neutral.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat.
Standing Hip Flexion w/ Bands Tips
- Fight the urge to round your upper back as you extend the leg.
- If you have trouble balancing on one leg, look to improve single leg strength but also regress this drill to the supine version.
- Move slowly and methodically at least initially. As you get stronger and more stable, you can work to increase the speed at which you perform the exercise.