Standing Cable Crunch Instructions
- Attach the rope attachment to the high cable and set the appropriate weight to be used.
- Stand up, facing away from the cable machine and grasp the rope from behind your head with palms facing inwards.
- Take a half step forward to tighten the cable.
- Position your hands next to your head, holding the rope in place.
- Keeping the cable at head height, crunch forward bringing your head down towards your upper thighs.
- Pause, and slowly extend back to the start position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Crunch Tips:
- It's important that you crunch the abs, not simply pivot at the waist.
- Try and pull your head in towards your upper thighs.
- Do the exercise slowly for maximum results.
- You can add a twisting motion to work the oblique muscles.