Smith Machine Incline Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set an incline bench to an angle of between 30 and 45 degrees and place it with the highest end underneath the smith machine bar.
- Load the weight you want to use on the smith machine.
- Lay back on the incline bench with your feet firmly positioned on the floor.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) at slightly closer than shoulder width apart.
- Take the weight off the stack and extend your arms. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly lower the bar down as far as possible.
- Pause, and then raise the bar back to the starting position without locking the elbows out.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- To get the bench positioning right, it's a good idea to test it without any weight loaded on the bar before you start your first set.
- Keep your elbows fixed throughout the set and don't let them flare out as you lower the bar down.
- Squeeze the triceps at the top of the movement!