Side Crunch (AKA Oblique Crunch) Overview
Side Crunch (AKA Oblique Crunch) Instructions
- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your knees stacked to one side.
- Place your contralateral hand behind your head for support and use your free hand to palpate your abdominals.
- Initiate the movement by squeezing your abs to raise your torso off the floor, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position and complete the assigned number of repetitions.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Side Crunch (AKA Oblique Crunch) Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.