- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the seated cable curl by getting a flat or adjustable bench and placing it facing a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach a straight bar to the low pulley and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the end of the bench facing the cable machine with your feet and knees together.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) with your hands around shoulder width apart.
- Pull the weight back until your elbows are at your sides.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl the weight up as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the biceps. Then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't lean or swing back as you curl the weight upwards. Using an adjustable bench will stop you from doing this as you'll have a back rest.
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides and don't allow them to come forward as you curl the weight up. Focus on only allowing your forearms to move.
- And finally, keep the rep timing slow and control the weight during the set.