- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Russian Twist Instructions
- Set up for the Russian Twist by getting a mat and laying down on your back.
- Pull your knees up so that your calves are at a right angle to your thighs.
- Put one hand over the other, palms facing your feet and point towards the ceiling.
- To begin the set, raise your shoulder blades off the mat.
- Twisting at your torso, roll your hands over to the left and back to the right.
- Lower your shoulder blades back down to the mat.
- Repeat the whole movement for the required reps.
- The higher you lift your shoulder blades off the mat, the harder the exercise becomes.
- For an advanced alternative to the Russian Twist, hold a dumbbell in your hands.
Just curious what the proper number of reps would be for this exercise.
There is no such thing as a proper amount of reps.Something I like to do when trying something new is to do as many as possible and then subtract 2 or 3 reps.