Rope Cable Preacher Curl Instructions
- Set up for the cable preacher curl by grabbing a preacher bench and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine. There should be about a 1-2 ft gap.
- Attach a rope extension to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your upper arms on the pads and grasp the bar with a neutral grip (thumbs facing your body) at about shoulder width apart.
- Bend the arms slightly to take tension into the biceps. This is the starting position.
- Slowly curl the bar up as far as possible, squeeze the biceps at the top and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't touch the ends of the rope together as you curl it up. In fact try to separate them even further as you lift the weight. This makes the exercise more challenging.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.