- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Grip Cable Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Set up for the reverse grip cable tricep kickback by attaching a single grip handle to a low pulley cable machine and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Grasp the handle using your left hand with an underhand grip and take a step back from the cable machine.
- Keeping your feet together and knees slightly bent, bend down until your body is around parallel to the floor.
- Use your free right hand to stabilize yourself. Bring the elbow up as far as possible and keep it tight by your side. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbow in place and your body fixed, extend your arm out as far as possible.
- Squeeze the tricep, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Reverse Grip Cable Tricep Kickback Tips
- Keep your elbows and body fixed throughout the set. Keep your upper arms as still as possible, only moving at the elbow.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight. Don't let the stack drop down during the set.
- You should always work your weakest tricep first. For the majority of people, this will be the left.