- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Prone Incline Hammer Curl Instructions
- Set up for the prone incline hammer curl by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees. Grab a set of dumbbells and position yourself with your chest against the bench (prone position).
- Your feet should be used for stability on the floor, your shoulders should be about level with the top of the back and your arms should be hanging holding the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing towards your body).
- Put the tension on your biceps by slightly bending your arms. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep, and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Prone Incline Hammer Curl Tips
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement and pause for maximum results from this exercise.