Prone Incline Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set up for the prone incline dumbbell curl by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees.
- Grab a set of dumbbells and position yourself with your chest on the back of the bench (prone position).
- Your feet should be used for stability on the floor, your shoulders should be about level with the top of the back padding and you arms should be hanging - holding the dumbbells with an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Put the tension on your biceps by slightly bending your arms. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the tension on the biceps for the whole set by always keeping your arms slightly bent. Don't allow the weight to "hang" between reps.
- Pause for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Focus on only allowing the forearms to move.