Barbell Preacher Curl Instructions
- The barbell preacher curl is a great exercise to isolate the biceps. Adjust the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms sit comfortably on the padding when seated.
- Load the desired weight on the barbell.
- Sit on the preacher bench and grip the barbell with your hands shoulder width apart using an underhand (palms facing up) grip.
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forwards, take the weight off the rack so you're supporting it with your arms slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise the weight until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Preacher Curl Tips:
- Don't pause when you lift the weight up, but pause at the bottom instead. Pausing at the top of the movement allows your biceps to have a quick rest.
- Keep the motion slow and controlled throughout the set.
- Always use a full range of motion to get the most out of this exercise.